Dr. Klaudia Hettwer
Coordinator of the Graduate School Science and Technology
Room W3 1-138
Phone.: +49 (0)441 - 798 3648
Tuesday 13:00 - 14:00
Thursday 10:00 - 12:00
and by appointment
Trainer: Dr. Jan Brocher from BioVoxxel
Date: 25-27 March 2014 (2.5 days)
Location: W01 0-008 (Computer room)
More details to be found here.
Still a couple of places left. Register via StudIP.
April 8-10 2014 (registration now possible)
October 14-16 2014 (registration from August 1 2014)
Times and location given in StudIP
Trainer: Dr. Gunther Tress
Why attend this training?
If you are currently preparing or writing a paper for an international peer-reviewed journal this 3-day comprehensive training is ideal for you.
Your particular training benefits are:
- to set up a publication strategy to increase publication output
- to develop a detailed plan for your current paper in progress
- to draft main sections of your manuscript
- to know for each section what it needs to include
- to know how to identify a suitable journal for your submission
- to know how to respond to editors and reviewers
- to get answers on your questions regarding paper writing
- to have clear instructions for completing your manuscript after training
- to submit your manuscript following the concrete suggestions of the training
Please register via StudIP
For all new doctorates of our PhD programmes the graduate school offers once more a Welcome Workshop at the beginning of the summer term.
The workshop will take place at the universities guesthouse.
Date: April 28, 2014, from 10-17:00
Topics of the workshop:
- Introduction to the Graduate School and institutions at the university
- Presentation of the curriculum
- Thesis Committee and supervision agreement
- Defining motivation, wishes and expectations for the PhD
- Envisaging and identifying the requirements
- Identifying the personal course programme
You are interested in the workshop?
Please register via StudIP.
In case you don't have an account yet please write an e-mail to oltech(at)uni-oldenburg.de
The next Science Slam is
May 20th 2014, 8pm
Science Slam 2014
"Science Done Differently: The Golden Brain"
Science done differently - this is a priority at the Science Slam 2014. Young scientists must present their research in ten entertaining minutes. In addition to fame and honour there is a trophy for the winner; "The Golden Brain".
Admission: 0, - € (regular), 0, - € (reduced)
E-mail: beate.gruenberg @ uni-oldenburg.de
Frank Lauterbach, Sprachenzentrum/Koordination , Universität Oldenburg
english+ offers the following:
The offers are free for doctorate students of the Graduate School.
You need help:
- finding a flat
- lengthening the stay of your visa
- getting to meet new people
The tutors for international PhDs are especially there for you.
You can find more information about the international PhD tutors here...
In winter term 2013/14 the HOT TOPIC Seminar of the PhD Program 'Neurosensory Science and Systems' continues:
Fridays, 10:15 - 11:45, Room W03 1-152.
Further information and the program for the seminar can be found here...