Dr. Linda Jauch
Officer for Early Career Researchers with a focus on PostDocs and Gender Equality
Office ÖCO 2-210
Tel.: +49(0)441 798-2939
Dr. Julia Anna Matz
Officer for Early Career Researchers with a focus on Doctoral Candidates and International Issues
Office ÖCO 2-210
Tel.: +49(0)441 798-4286
Office V01 3-319
Tel.: +49(0)441 798-4423
Fax: +49(0)441 798-4672
The Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg is a member of the network of universities "Universitätsverband zur Qualifizierung des wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchses in Deutschland UniWiND" that supports the qualification of early-career researchers.
The Graduate Academy
of the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
The Graduate Academy supports the junior researchers of Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg in their transition from university work to the job market. It strives to help them find a long-term vocational perspective both within and beyond academia and, for that purpose, offers training and individual support for junior researchers from all disciplines and at all levels of their career (doctoral candidates, post-doctoral fellows, and junior professors). The Graduate Academy devises and ensures quality standards in academic training, and its workshops are developing the competencies and transferable skills of the researchers and, thus, support their career opportunities.
Furthermore, the Graduate Academy brings together existing training and counselling programs of the university and offers the junior researchers an overview of the various measures of post-graduate support.
The purpose of the Graduate Academy is to
- continuously develop the interdisciplinary training program for all junior researchers of the university;
- devise and ensure quality standards for the career development of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers (in cooperation with the graduate schools and university schools);
- develop and implement services to foster leadership qualities of researchers;
- support the development of the teaching competencies of researchers in close cooperation with the Hochschuldidaktik;
- support the internationalization of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers.
We are happy to answer any further questions you might have. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
25. April 2017 - 23. January 2018
08:15 - 10:00
Academic Language Skills: English Grammar and Vocabulary for Academic Writing and Speaking
- Communicating well in international academic contexts requires a good grasp of English language...
08. May 2017 - 24. July 2017
16:15 - 20:00
Introduction to Academic Writing (Compact Course)
- Introduction to Academic Writing(Compact Course) Successful researchers need not only compelling...
11. July 2017 - 18. July 2017
09:00 - 17:00
Preparing and Delivering a Professional Poster Presentation
- Displaying a poster at an academic conference is an important and effective way for junior...