News from the Academy
The Graduate Academy of the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
The Graduate Academy is the central and interdisciplinary institution of the university that supports the career development of all doctoral candidates, post-doctoral fellows, and junior professors. Its program is available to all junior researchers of the university and offers interdisciplinary transferable skills courses on topics relevant for various academic career paths. The Graduate Academy was founded in 2011 and cooperates closely with the university’s six schools and two graduate schools: the 3GO (Graduate School for Social Sciences and Humanities) and the OLTECH (Graduate School for Science and Technology). These graduate schools provide opportunities for collaboration, exchange, and joint activities, and they offer subject-specific courses that address the needs of their respective fields.
People in central Ukraine often speak a mixture of Russian and Ukrainian. Slavicist Gerd Hentschel is studying the phenomenon on location – and experiencing the consequences of the political crisis first-hand.
Dr. Linda Jauch
Officer for Early Career Researchers with a focus on PostDocs and Gender Equality
Office ÖCO 2-210
Tel.: +49(0)441 798-2939
Dr. Julia Anna Matz
Officer for Early Career Researchers with a focus on Doctoral Candidates and International Issues
Office ÖCO 2-210
Tel.: +49(0)441 798-4286
Office V01 3-319
Tel.: +49(0)441 798-4423
Fax: +49(0)441 798-4672
20. February 2017 - 29. May 2017
14:15 - 16:00
English Conversation Workshop: Talking in Academic Contexts
- In many academic contexts, the ability to switch to talking in English is essential for...
25. April 2017 - 23. January 2018
08:15 - 10:00
Academic Language Skills: English Grammar and Vocabulary for Academic Writing and Speaking
- Communicating well in international academic contexts requires a good grasp of English language...
08. May 2017 - 24. July 2017
16:15 - 20:00
Introduction to Academic Writing (Compact Course)
- Introduction to Academic Writing(Compact Course) Successful researchers need not only compelling...
31. May 2017 - 01. June 2017
Erfolgreich in Bewerbungsgesprächen
- Nach der Promotion geht es darum, sich auf dem Arbeitsmarkt zu positionieren und eine...
21. June 2017 - 22. June 2017
Zeit- und Selbstmanagement für Promovierende
- In diesem Workshop lernen die Teilnehmenden zunächst Basics des Zeitmanagements kennen. Danach...